You may be a fan of the Scorpions’ song "Rock You Like a Hurricane,” but that doesn’t mean you have to enjoy hurricanes!
Storms, heavy rain or any type of harsh weather can leave an awful lot of destruction in their wake, from broken tree branches to flooded streets to damaged roofs and gutters.
We always keep our eyes on weather reports from NOAA ("National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration"), an agency that supplies daily weather forecasts and storm warnings from their scientists so that city planners and regular Joes like you and me know exactly what’s going on.
According to NOAA, here are the cities in St. Charles, St. Louis, and Jefferson counties that were affected by the storms late last week as well as over the weekend:
April 26th Storms:
- St. Charles county had high wind events with winds reaching 70 mph in Augusta, New Melle, Weldon Spring and Orchard Farms.
- St. Louis county reported high wind events of up to 70 mph in the cities of Chesterfield and Hazelwood.
- Maryland Heights and Eureka in St. Louis County both reported 1-inch hail.
- Villa Ridge in Franklin County reported 1-inch hail while Dittmer in Jefferson County reported 1.5-inch hail.
April 27th Storms:
- Arnold in Jefferson County reported 1.25-inch hail.
April 30th Storms:
- St. Charles County, New Melle reported up to "Golf Ball" sized hail, Wentzville reported 1-inch hail and Lake St. Louis also reported 1-inch hail.
- In St. Louis County, Chesterfield was hit by 1.5-inch hail and Manchester, Town and Country, University City, and Florissant all reported 1-inch hail.
- Imperial in Jefferson county reported 1-inch hail around the intersection of Highways M and 61.
If you’re worried about your home, it’s best to have your roof and exteriors inspected by a qualified individual to determine if there is any damage. We know that there is nothing worse than a leaky roof!
Feel free to call us to set your mind at ease—we promise to always provide honest assessments and competitive pricing. We also specialize in insurance claims so you don’t have to deal with them! You can leave your worry and stress at the door when you call Signature Exteriors.
Click here or call us directly for a FREE inspection and estimate at (314) 827-5376—we’re always happy to answer any questions you have!
Source data and additional information: